GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Njai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 02:48:04 EDT
HENRY JAMES:"life is, in fact a battle. Evil is insolent and strong; beauty
enchanting but rare; goodness very apt to be weak; folly very apt to be
defiant; weakedness to carry the day; imbeciles to be in great places, people
of senses in small, and mankind generally unhappy..."
Gambians, especially those living abroad, for too long had sunken into a
state of  apathy, anonymity and de-personalization through the
dis-enfranchisement practises bestowed on us by the former [PPP] and current
[AFPRC/APRC] regimes, hence we came to depend on public authority and a state
of civic-sclerosis hounds us whenever we try organizing ourselves for the
common good. Sometimes, it takes dire circumstances or incidence such as the
planned execution/massacre of students and journalist/volunteer, to bring us
together under one voice, as happened in New York last night, where around 60
concerned Gambians and Africans [continental and diasporic] at a moments
notice, filled to capacity the office of UNITED AFRICAN CONGRESS.
Unexpectedly, Gambians and africans came together to voiceout, solace and
plan a reaction to such a babaric and unAfrican deed carried out by the
BUTCHER OF KANILAI and his notorious HOUNDOGS in cohort with NIA in tow.
The plan of action[s] adopted were simple: AGITATE, EDUCATE,ORGANIZE and make
those involved in this Ghastardly deed [by crook or means] pay for their
cowardly acts.We [metro new yorkers] would like to coalesce with any or all
concerned groups affected by yesterdays incidence in Gambia. It's vital that
we coordinate all our efforts, contacts, sponsors, protest and ultimately,
victory in a clear and professional manner as we absolutely need the support
of the international community. Let's bear in mind that there're provacateurs
and NIA infiltrators amongst us, not that we're scared of them , but not to
side-track and or disrupt our plan of action.
A community wide meeting is to be held :
                                WHEN: SUNDAY, APRIL 16, 2000
                             WHERE : GAMBIA HOUSE, JEROME AVE, BRONX, NY
                                 TIME  : 2.00pm 7.00pm
                             PHONE #: [718] 842-6162
                                 EMAIL:  [log in to unmask]