GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:50:56 -0000
Mr. Jobe,

I just finished reading your second submission, and your answers to some of
the questions posed. I have to apologize for some of the typos, and
grammatical errors in my posting yesterday. I was racing against time for a
meeting, while trying to eat lunch. I do have a few more concerns, and
questions about your Part 1, but I wouldn't want to disturb your flow at
this point. Do keep your presentation coming.

Again, I thank you for putting up a strong defence of the APRC regime. I
sincerely believe that as long as we keep these exchanges frank, our nation
will be the better for it. Needless to say, some of us find it impossible to
understand how any intelligent person can support Yaya Jammeh, but your
rationale for doing just that, is helping us understand what goes on in the
"brains" behind the APRC regime. I don't think your task is by any means
easy, but your courage to attempt a rationalization of your support for the
APRC is commendable. And I sincerely commend you for that.

On the questions I posed, you haven't answered most of them at all. But
reading through, I have a feeling that you're a little hard-pressed for
time, and like I said, I don't want to side track you with anything. As
absurd as I find your reasons for supporting the regime, I believe you
deserve a chance to present your story fully. For that reason, I'll hold
back my questions, and concerns, and give you the chance to present your
case in it's entirety. I'll then re-phrase the questions I posed, point out
anomalies I detect, and we can take it from there. This, of course has no
bearing on what other members here want to do. It's a free-for-all afterall.

Do let us know when you're done with your submission, so those of us who
want to restrain ourselves until you've had your say, can present our
rebuttal. I again hope for your sake that people like Tombong would jump in
to add to some of the good points you've made. I have my fingers crossed for
that. Thanks again for your efforts.

Good day!

Saul.

In part1 of "why I can support the APRC government despite...", I made it
very clear in the last paragraph of the intro that, as well as explaining
why I can still support the APRC government despite all that has been said
about it, I will also explain WHY NONE OF THE EXISTING OPPOSITION PARTIES
HAS ANY CHANCE OF BEATING THE APRC COME THE NEXT ELECTIONS. For that reason
I will refrain from answering some of the questions that are asked or may be
asked until then.