GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Omar Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 00:31:47 +0200
Ebrima,

It`s a pity that football matches are becoming scenes of carnage. What happened in Turkey is yet another manifestation of how rioting fans can always cause mayhem. Football hooliganism, invented in England has long travelled abroad, and as Euro 2000 fast approaches the co-hosts Belguim and The Netherlands must be having a big headache!

I`m looking forward to a Chelsea victory. Newcastle has put itself together for quite a while now, and they are capable of putting up a strong resistance, but Chelsea is enjoying some glorious days lately, and can break a mountain with the type of defence and attack they have. The Brazilian Emerson, seems to be feeling home already. I`m wishing them the best, and hope that they play in the finals.

Your team Arsenal have to watch it in Lens with that slim advantage. Lens are really good at home, and they have a habit of upsetting big teams. But then this might be home ground for the many French players of Arsenal too.

And The Gambia plays Morocco tomorrow. Is Chippo and Hadji gone to join the team? Lets pray for Sang and his lads. Good Luck, Good Luck!!!

Good night!

Regards,
Omar.