GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malafy Jarju <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:41:24 -0700
Katim,

Let's hear from you about this one.  Oh! no surprise, because we all know that it is perfectly OK for profanity, impersonation, and pernicious language to prevail on Gambia-l as long as it is directed toward the pro government supporters.  This again confirms my long standing belief that this forum is a typical example of a democratic domain 'African Style'.  On one hand, members continually rant about the lack of democracy and the rule of law in Gambia and on the other hand choose to be oblivious on exercising the rule of law on this forum.  Some members even went as far as calling for the removal of Tombong and I because 'our commentaries are a nuisance to the spirit of Gambia-l'.  Let's keep Gambia-l as a forum where we can agree to disagree.  That my friends, is a key ingredient of democracy, Oh, I forgot, African Style democracy is devoid of the key concept of its meaning.

My recommendations:-

1) Re-subscribe Matarr Njie.

2) Re-introduce the required introduction of all new members. This will discourage 'cowards' from using aliases.

3) Give only one warning before someone is delisted.

Mafy