GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Samba Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 22:36:43 +0100
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji`uun.
(to Allah we belong and to Him is the return).

It is very sad to hear that some one is death,but it`s only to put us in
alert. The onlything we can do is to pray.

O Allah! forgive our living and the dead,and those who are present
and those who are not present,and the young and the elder,and the
men and the women!

O Allah! whom You keepest alive,keep him as such on Islam,and
upon whom You bringst death from amongst us,cause him with faith.

O Allah! send Uncle Abou Sallah and Fatou Touray ahead of us for
our salvation.And make them the source of our intercession.

O Allah! shower Your Mercy on them and grant them forgiveness.

Let us check this hadith "The Fearful Sight of Death"

Abu Huraira R.A (God bless his soul) narrates that once the Holy
prophet (peace be upon him) said:"Let me show you the reality of
this world." I requested him to do that. He took me to a place of
refuse outside Medina.There I saw human skulls and bones sunk in
filth with dirty rags scattered all around.Adressing me he said:"These
are the human skulls that embodied brains filled with greed. These
people were like many amongst you who live today.Like all of you
they pinned their hopes on things worldly.These skulls are lying
without skin and after a few days they will become part of the earth.
They struggle hard to eat the spicy dishes only to swallow this filth
today.The state in which they exist now cannot be tolerably seen by
those who have eyes to see.The very sight of those who enjoyed the
fragrance of tasty food makes you hate them.These dirty rags are
the substitute for the gaudy dresses that made men proud.Now they
are at the mercy of winds which move them the way they like.
And these are the bones of those animals that carried human beings
only to make them feel proud.Any one can shed a tear or two at their
tragic end."
Abu Huraira stated that the tears welled up in his eyes and he wept
bitterly.

Allaahuma ajurnaa fi museebatinaa wakhluf lanaa khayran minhaa.
(We ask for recompense us for our affliction and replace it for us
with something better).....Ameen!!!!!

Alahumasalli allah Saidina Muhammadin wa allaa ali Muhammadin.

Samba Goddard.
(Pulo)