GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:30:20 PST
Hi Sloan,

I was also thinking about the same subject. While Britain and other European
countries and trying to help, we are not hearing anything from the other
African countries and the AOU. The main items needed are helicopters and
even though there are over one hundred helicopters among the countries
surrounding Mozambique, none of them are seen out there trying to help. The
OAU is also very silent about the whole thing and all these makes one
wonders sometime as to what is going on.

Why do we always have to wait for the West to come to our rescue? It is high
time African Leasders, the OAU in particular to start solving African
problem without waiting for the West to help.

It is sad to watch the flood victims struggling to hold on to trees while
many helicopters are in the Democratic Republic of Congo fighting an endless
war. Celebrities in Britain are raising funds and had raised about $5
million as of last night, but what are the African celebrities doing? What
is the OAU doing? What is SADEC doing?

PEACE

TOMBONG