GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:46:12 EST
Jengfann,

You rear your head again, ever so seductively.

"Wow! defying logic - tbe only logic he seems to be defying is the fact  that
he cannot pull  a respectable performance in his own state of S.  Carolina,"
JF

South Carolina is a state that is bigger than Gambia. John Edwards does  not
own South Carolina. He was born in the northeast county of South Carolina
which he won. We have been informed that 50% to 53% of South Carolina is  black
and 80% of those blacks vote according to ethnicity. That will leave 47%  of
white and Hispanic voters of the Democratic votes. All of the Hispanics did  not
have the luxury of voting along ethnic lines because Richardson was not on
the ballot. They are therefore left to vote their conscience by default. They
were not indigenous to South Carolina so favourite son is not a consideration.
 They voted along the lines of who will best represent them in Washington.
They  voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton. The white vote in South Carolina
was  divided among the candidates according to the following in heirarchical
order:

Race: Hillary is white. John Edwards is white. Barack is half  white.
Favourite son: John Edwards is Favourite son
Conscience: John Edwards is the most conscientious. If for nothing else, He
would go on even after a loss.

Further, there is a substantial number of Republicans and Special-interest
voters (Independents) whose value is more strategic than anything else. This
group is mostly white. Just take my word for it. John Edwards cannot  naturally
get any of these votes because his campaign is predicated on social  equity.
Hillary gets some because her campaign is more benign to this group than  John
Edwards' campaign. Barack gets the most because his campaign is benign as  to
this group and because the de-engineering of popular opinion is well
underway. It has another more formidable arm that will become more apparent when  the
dust of pomp and pageantry settles. This is the Sam Nunn, Bloomberg,  Hagel,
Gingrich, Rove, Romney, Bush, Cheyney etc. consortium.

Now then.
PDOIS advises they are a party of conscience. They tell us publicly that
they reject ethnic, economic, and tribal politic. In private, and because they
are not terribly stupid, they understand the value of these considerations in a
 healthy democracy. They stealthily trudge on in anticipation of their
ethnic,  economic, and tribal majority. What they do not figure in their
calculations is  the G (Gamma) in demographic nuances and affectant world events. They
are doomed  for failure in the biggest way. Meanwhile, their only claim to fame
is  Wulli's votes for Favourite son and ethnic considerations. Forget
Serrekunda  because the demographics of Serrekunda does not lend itself to a PDOIS
lantern.  Trust me. If PDOIS fields another candidate other than Halifa (I mean
Halipha),  his or her chances would mirror Halifa's fortunes. For Gambia, a
country which  is entirely dependent on foreign aid and global mischief for her
survival,  any Gambian will be equally considered for economic considerations.

Where do you, Father Mose fit in in hatred of John Edwards? I have  been
pondering this for a couple of hours. And knowing your punditary prowess  and your
inability to produce anything of value to your fellow citizen, I  come to the
conclusion that you hate John Edwards because he seems to be the  wild card
that can make OBAMA whole. And his continued campaign reduces OBAMA's
gravitasse and potential votes. And you wish OBAMA to be president from  ethnic
considerations. Don't worry, you're not the only black with this mindset  and it is
healthy for democracy. What is not healthy for democracy is the  dishonesty
that encourages you to pretend you value OBAMA for other  conscientious reason.
Maria Del Sol has ethnic and religious considerations for  recovery of loss.

If this synopsis is incorrect, and you are PDOIS for conscientious  reasons,
John Edwards is naturally your man to love. Ditto Bailo. Ditto PP.  Ditto Joe.
Ditto Maria Del Sol. Just imagine if Sidia and the Wulli  folk (by default)
were not in PDOIS, you will see what I mean. The 2.2% will  automatically
whittle down to 0.2%. Look at it a little closer. Hatred for  President Jawara's
administration is just a red-herring. Trust me. The problem  you have is that
folk see right through you. Your personal lives do not jive  with PDOIS' message
for starters. Your occultist predilection does not nurture  the facade. You
are left bare and listless. PDOIS gained sympathisers  temporarily when Waa was
tethered to it, albeit reluctantly. Those sympathisers  are now Gambia's
"Independents" along with the special-interest merchants and  foreigners.

The reflection will take more than commuting the real PDOIS politique to
Amarika and Inkland.

Your brother and Consiglieri, Haroun Masoud. MQJGDT. Darbo. Al  Mu'Umin.

PDOIS indeed cannot be taken seriously.