GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Sillah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:19:07 +0100
Hi,

Buharry, i think this is more than a strategy. Am just
from interviewing Dibba for the BBC and he confirmed
to the BBC that he was infact in the process of
registering his party to contest the October polls. He
even said there is very little chances to strike a
compromise here. According to Dibba the coalition is
more of a PPP/UDP thing than for the whole of the
opposition parties. However what is even more
darmmatic about this case is that already Dibba's
former allies like Hon Dembo Bojang of Bakau, and the
rest of the NCP MPs then are still saying that their
loyality to the UDP is unchangeable. This is a rather
interesting political development. My interview with
Dibba was also very revealing...too much info than
expected about the split and the dengerous underhand
political tactics. Not too good a situation for the
opposition.
NB...I think it will be important to send this Dibba
interview to the gambiansonline. Is it possible to
send you the interview electronically? Am using cool
editpro/ftp for my BBC jobs and i think one can send
the interview through ftp to your site. Am not sure
but if anybody knows please send me a mail.

E Sillah.