GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Manneh PF <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:10:04 -0700
Mr. Ceesay, you are quoting me out of context. What i am trying to say is
that we have to try our cases in court first before we assume that the
judges will not give a fair verdict. If Taf construction is awarded
ownership and development right on our land we will sue both State Land
Department and Taf Construction for wrong doing. If we believe that the
supreme court is unfair in their judgment, we will continue our case when a
competent judiciary is in place. Since Taf Construction is a fictitious
legal entity in The Gambia, we can pursue this land dispute even the next
hundred years. We are not dealing with Tafa Njie as a person. Going back to
elections, it would have been interesting if a Gambian or a political party
contest the last presidential result in court. Trial is nor failure, event
or history!

Mr. Ceesay, the message i am trying to put across in my previous postings is
that both counting systems are safe under the current conduct of election
procedures. It does warrant a boycott if the oppositions have
representatives at polling and counting centers. What really calls for an
immediate withdrawal and or boycott of elections, is the unfair campaign
practices. The opposition seems to be overlooking this fact. We should fight
for equal access to public media, places and vehicles, Soldies, NIA and
other security forces should not intimidate or use force during campaign, we
should ensure that only Gambians are registered, etc. If we work out our
campaign carefully and more importantly, this would-be opposition alliance,
victory is in our hand.

Personally, i am really impress about our electoral system.

Hey, next time, please paste my whole sentence or paragraph when making
comments or reference to them. That will give a clear picture to your
readers.
I will love to continue with this debate when the opposition alliance thing
is over. That seems to be the most burning issue presently. I also have a
lot of paper works about last presidential election in The Gambia and i will
scan and send them on the L later.
I know where the loop holes are Mr. Ceesay, not with counting or
transportion of ballot boxes.
Cheers
LPF Manneh