GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Omar E. Njie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:23:58 CST
Ebrima,

I've never crossed paths with Dr. Wiseman but from his remarks in the wake
of the coup in 1994, this gentleman deeply cared about The Gambia.  Please
extend my condolences to all his family and friends.  May he rest in peace!!

Omar

----Original Message Follows----
From: ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
It was therefore not surprising to me, that when the BBC first called him,
on the first day of the Jammeh coup, and wanted him to comment on the take
over, he simply told them:.."Right now, my concern/priority is not to
analyse the coup as a political scientist, but rather to find out whether my
Gambian friends and all Gambians on the ground for that matter, are safe or
not. Presently, I am more concerned about the welfare of the Gambians in the
Gambia, than to just hurriedly give you an interview"...