GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:33:39 -0400
Karamba, the spineless Gabriel Roberts may have just succeeded in plunging
our country into the bloodiest quagmire we have ever seen. Like Yaya,
Gabriel Roberts is also FINISHED. The moron had to sacrifice himself for
Yaya because he does NOT have the guts to do what is right. Now the only way
bloodshed could be averted is for the security officials (Police for that
matter) to prevent the Casamance people from voting in our election. But we
all know that the Police will NOT do that.

As you said, the Opposition has to be vigilant. There is a school of thought
that the Alliance will win Yaya even if these Casamance people vote
illegally. Needless to say, that should be NO reason for us to allow these
foreigners to vote in our election. Foreigners voting in Gambian elections
is ILLEGAL. Period. We MUST fight it. If these Casamance people want to
commit suicide, so be it. As for Gabriel Roberts, I strongly urge Alliance
supporters to converge in their tens of thousands at the IEC headquarters to
receive the announcement of the results. Alliance representatives have to be
present when results are faxed to Gabriel Roberts. Rather than Yaya holding
the man hostage and holding a gun to the coward’s head, the taxpayers that
pay Gabriel Roberts’ salary should hold the man hostage. It is regrettable
that it has to come to this. But Gabriel Roberts asked for it.

This vermin is prepared to put the lives of hundreds of thousands of
Gambians on the line. For what? In order to please a child murderer.
Gambians should NOT say that we did NOT warn them about Gabriel Roberts. He
is Yaya’s only hope in this election. Together, the despicable duo do NOT
care if the whole country is razed to the ground. What does Yaya care? He
already sent his wife and child to Morocco to insulate them from the turmoil
that he wants to bring to the country. As we speak/write, there are strong
rumors that Yaya himself already left the country. Yesterday he confessed to
his cabinet ministers that he (Yaya) KNOWS that he CANNOT get even 30% of
the vote. He told his cabinet that if he manages to cling to power, he will
fire all of them.

Their final effort to steal the elections was perpetrated in the dead of
night last night. After they had presumably smuggled the Casamance citizens
to all parts of the country, Yaya then asked his side-kick (Gabriel Roberts)
to DECREE a change in our electoral laws to enable Jola foreigners to vote
in our elections for Yaya. When Gabriel Roberts made the announcement most
Gambians were already asleep or did NOT have access to radio and television.
This is unadulterated FRAUD and Gabriel Roberts will pay for it.
KB