GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh S Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 11:22:52 -0500
Jabou,
        You have made a very important observation here strengthening so many peoples analysis on the current Gambian situation. As you have rightly pointed out those are infact Yahya's intentions, for that is one of the main reason he equipped Kanilai with so much infrastructure, weaponry and a lot of many other facilities. The simple reason being a military strategy. Kanilai lies almost between the Gambia and the cassamance and is intended as the capital of Yahya's dreamt revolution.
       In 1995 whiles i was in senegal i personally heard an interview of the MFDC(MOVEMENT FOR DEMOCRACY IN CASSAMANCE) spokes person on Radio France international say that The Gambia and Guinea Bissau are part of the revolution.Can you see that Bissau is winching them to the maxima.
        Whiles in the Gendarmerie too, Yahya use to have very strange and weirdos from cassamance come stay with him in the Barracks. I can still remember when he would tell us that those are his cousins o
r brothers.Suspicion  arouse on Yahya since then but national intelligence failed to track him down.
        I fullly and strongly support your observations, but onething forsure is that they will never succeed. Yahya is a rebel and he is the very one fueling this crisis in Cassamance by supplying them with weapons.
                                 Bravo Jabou
                                               Binneh s Minteh