GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 12:35:54 -0400
Elhajj, no hard feelings from my end too. We are all one big family that
when everything is said and done, should be able to look at each other in
the eye. I have a good opinion of you. I might not agree with your stance
all the time, but rest assured that I will always reciprocate your respect.
From what I can tell on G_L, I know you are NOT a hypocrite. Right there I
have to treat you with respect. In the spirit you counseled me to be mindful
of hypocrites on G_L, I will also counsel you to be mindful of same. Darboe
is a good man. He is a strong man and he has the interest of Gambia at
heart. Darboe did NOT have to enter politics. He is doing what he is doing
in order to help the defenseless Gambians.

Elhajj, in America today, politicians and ordinary citizens are showing
unity that is unparalleled in American history. Just the other day Bush had
90% job approval rating; the highest any president have ever got. Why?
Americans realize that they need to stick together to root out the EVIL that
befell us. I do NOT seek here to equate the heinous massacre of more than
6000 innocent people to the slaughter of our children on April 10 and 11,
2000. But surely, it should be appropriate for me to say that the same
motivation the Americans have for coming together, should have motivated our
leaders back home and their supporters all over the world to come together
and root our the EVIL in our society (Yaya).

But I am sorry to say that people are letting old partisan grudges cloud
their judgments in these trying times for our country. As a supporter of the
Alliance, I respectfully ask for your support. Please call your folks back
home and convince them to support the Alliance. Please refrain from
undermining Darboe and making Jawara (who is NOT running), the focus of the
election. The Gambians have a lot at stake here. People should NOT take this
opportunity to settle old scores that CANNOT be settled if Yaya stays in
power. Let us get rid of the vermin that oversaw the slaughter of our
children and rendered our people destitute. Let us (on October 18, 2001)
replicate for Darboe the job approval rating Bush just had. Let us route
Yaya so that Gabriel Roberts will NOT be able to steal the elections. Let us
elect Darboe with a 90% majority.
KB