GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
malamin Kanyi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:46:58 -0500
Our goal is to get together Gambian brothers and sisters, mobilize our
efforts and resources and tap into the sea of opportunities that are our
there to benefit not just us but our brothers and sisters in Gambia as
well, most of whom, if not all, deserve help of eminence proportion.  Our
idea stems from the fact that there are a lot of resources out there that
could benefit us all.  However, we need to know how to go about exploiting
those resources: - case in point, company internships and coop programs.  I
would think students would benefit tremendously from these kinds of
programs to help them lay the foundation.
Now if they have someone in one if those kinds of setting I think that
would help guide them.  It may not necessarily be getting you into any of
these companies any one of us work at but the kind of info we may have may
help in landing a coop program type stuff.

On the other hand we could provide ways to help brothers back in the Gambia
who want to come here to go to school like you and I.  We have to realize
that some or all these guys are as resourceful and enthusiastic just like
ourselves. We hope to put up a web site where we can put tones of
information about the organization and its objectives as well as the
activities planed in the near future and your support in that regard would
be highly appreciated.  We may also set up a mailing list for the members
to keep in constant dialogue with each other.  This may not necessarily be
a separate entity.  It may or may not be in cooperated into the web site.
The structure and the frame work is yet to be determined and so we may not
be able to give you more info about the lay of the land until we are able
to sketch it out.  In the mean time we like you all to sign up and show
your support.  The bigger the merrier.  So encourage your friends to join.
The few things I spelt out in this email are just the tip of the ice berg.
This is going to be bigger and better than any thing I can muster to
describe in few minutes.  However, we need you guys.  For once, I think it
is time for us, Gambians, to come together and help each other out.

For more questions contact: L.Fofana([log in to unmask]),
D. Singhateh([log in to unmask], O.Demba([log in to unmask])