GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 09:10:53 EST
Halifa,
     I have forgotten to add that the Indemnity Clause is an ENTRENCHED
CLAUSE. Simplified: to override this monstrous travesty of justice, the
National Assembly, judiciary and any other avenue one resorts to would be
impotent. Save of course only if the Gambian People were made adjudicators
and it (Indemnity Clause) were revoked/expunged in a two thirds majority
REFERENDUM.
    May be, if you had made it your duty to be objective enough and
highlighted this obvious monstrous travesty of justice to The Gambian People,
we would not have found ourselves putting up with such a fundamentally flawed
constitution as the 1997 constitution. And Koro's family might have even gone
to pursue justice for their son in other avenues like the due process of the
law. Just may be............
    Good day to you.
Hamjatta Kanteh

hkanteh