GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:38:43 -0500
 Hello, everyone!  Below are links to two more articles I have just posted.
Please read and enjoy!

Reflections on the Smiling Coast Part 12
http://www.themestream.com/articles/151354.html
Reflections on the Smiling Coast Part 13
http://www.themestream.com/articles/151358.html

Please note!  The first article deals with I and my group's meeting with
President Jammeh.  I am in no way endorsing his regime in any way.  At the
time of my trip, II knew little about him.  In writing this piece, I wanted
to communicate the feelings I had while I was in The Gambia, and that was
all I wanted to do.  I just wanted to make that clear.  As I have said
before, I have chosen to observe rather than get involved in Gambian
politics, simply because I am not a Gambian, and thus, I believe that I may
not really understand the political situation there.  Maybe this is wrong on
my account, but I feel for me this is the best course to take because I do
not want to get invovled in something that is none of my business, I think.
Thanks, I just wanted to make myself clear on this.