GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Secka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:43:05 -0500
Alieu,
You are very right, This Author does not know the meaning of genocide. I
guess  after observing most of the comments from some people here, I would
sum it up,that some of us are not fair to our country and government. I
could disagree with my government whenever they go wrong, but it is my duty
not to make any such comments that will kill the integrity of my country. I
will never give up my country for any reason. I might agree or disagree with
my government but to denegrading my country is unpatriotic and should be
ruled out as  very insane. Some folks here need to wake and realise how some
of their comments can hurt the Gambia. Some folks here have no respect for
the Gambia. They don't realise that respecting not only those who respect
you , but also those who don't will increase their respect and create
essential harmony for our nation. The Gambia does not belong to any one
person, but to  All Gambians, so If you cannot commend the government for
their good intentions or point out their bad ideas by giving a better
solution to the problems of The Gambia , I think we need to hold it down by
law and shut up . As for myself I might disagree with Jammeh any time he
goes wrong, but I will never fault any of his good intentions or try to sell
out by killing the dignity of this tiny nation.To The Author of such a nasty
article I say " Blame and attack, Rage and resentment perpetuate cycles of
violence and pain. To make a better Gambia we should look beyond friends and
foes, profit and loss, fame and disgrace inorder for us to prevail with
dignity." I am open to debate this issue with any negative spirit that has a
problem with my comments.
Peace
Edward Secka
Coppell Texas