GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:46:09 +0100
"And as they finance and support terrorists elsewhere, so are they so fearful of the same"
check www.cnn.com

"Scotland Yard said the passenger was not carrying any weapons."

****************
'Ammunition' man held at Heathrow
Wednesday, January 14, 2004 Posted: 1541 GMT (11:41 PM HKT)

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A Sudanese man was arrested at Britain's Heathrow Airport after arriving from the U.S. carrying what appeared to be some kind of ammunition, police say.

The passenger, who had flown in from Washington, was stopped by Metropolitan Police during a routine security check as he tried to board a flight to Dubai.

He is being held under Section 1 of the UK Firearms Act and is being questioned by Heathrow police. The suspected ammunition is being examined by forensic experts.

Scotland Yard said the passenger was not carrying any weapons.

Virgin Atlantic Airlines confirmed the man flew to Heathrow on board its flight VS022 from Dulles International Airport.

In a written statement, Virgin Atlantic said the items seized did not pose a threat to the aircraft.

The airline pointed out that it is the U.S. Transportation Security Administration's job to screen passengers at Washington Dulles airport.

Security has been especially tight at Heathrow in recent weeks, with some flights to the United States grounded amid fears of a plot by extremists to carry out another September 11-style attack.

[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask] ,
[log in to unmask] , [log in to unmask] ,
www.radiorhino.org ,  www.upcparty.net

"And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of civil rights, 'When will you be satisfied?' We can never be satisfied as long as our bodies, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain lodging in the motels of the highways and the hotels of the cities (.) No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream". (Martin Luther King, 1964 Nobel Peace prize laureate, assassinated for his struggle)