GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:51:56 +0000
"Threatening and eventually rounding up people and shooting them is not and
will never be an option, at least not in the society I envision."

Jabou, thanks for your comments.  I take it that you are responding to my
comment to Ebou Jallow.  Can you please show me where I used the phrase
"rounding up people and shooting them".  Jabou, how you choose to relate to
Ebou is your prerogative.  However, I will continue to deal with Ebou in my
own terms and I ask you to please quit trying to persuade me otherwise.  We
have gone this route before.

"Let us reflect on what "ebou colly" had to say and remember that we simply
cannot afford to encourage unchecked brutality in our midst now or in the
future."

Now, aside from the name Ebou Colley, what do you know about Ebou Colley?
Has Ebou Colley told us anything he did, or you do not care to ask as long
as he point at others?  Are we just supposed to absolve anyone that runs to
us and point at others?  No, a thinking person should ask the Ebou Colleys
and Jallows of this world what role they played while they were there?  Why
they are talking after they were fired or caught stealing?  Ebou Colley was
detained and tortured by none other than Yaya.  However, he turned right
back and took an offer from Yaya and gun ran with them until he was fired.
It was after he was fired that he came to us.  So, I appreciate him telling
us what others did, but I equally want to know what he did and why after his
torture he still went to work for his torturer.  Now, do I ask that of Jabou
or any other?  No, each to their own.  That is all I ask.  No blind loyalty
from my end.

I was forwarded this message, so pardon me if I do not respond to your
response in a tinely manner.  George, I'll take this opportunity to take
your offer to access G-Post.  Thanks in advance.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

George & Haruna,

Thanks.
I want to point out that the re-posts of "ebou colly's" gruesome revelations
of murder and mayhem are not intended to be mere strolls down memory lane,
but a timed reminder to all Gambians everywhere of the long list of
atrocities
that have been committed by the APRC regime as relayed by "ebou colly". His
allegations must be looked into. Now that the web is closing in on this
regime by
their own hands, I think these revelations will hold much more meaning and
get the attention of all Gambians, as well as remind us that there are a
long
list of people waiting for justice, and the list keeps getting longer
with each
passing day that the APRC regime stays in power aided by gullible people.

May I also take the opportunity to add that in order to be able to prosecute
people effectively, the people need evidence which only the testimony of
those
who witnessed specific crimes can lead us to. Otherwise, we can ramble all
day and in the end, we have nothing, especially in the face of uncollected
or
destroyed foressic evidence. Threatening and eventually rounding up
people and
shooting them is not and will never be an option, at least not in the
society
I envision. Intelligent strategysing that allows those who would be willing
to become witnesses for the people to resolve to come forward will be much
more productive.
Let us reflect on what "ebou colly" had to say and remember that we simply
cannot afford to encourage unchecked brutality in our midst now or in the
future.
Jabou Joh

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work —  and
yourself.   http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx