GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:38:20 +0000
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: So-called Oppositon Alliance/Hamjatta
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:56:52 -0400

"The ill-concieved meeting in choosing Ousainou has caused numerous problems
for the opposition.  It would have been wise if the UDP had not joined the
PPP in a marriage of convenience at a time when Hamat all along had been
fighting for the rights of all.  This "Animal Farm" behavior is the culprit.

Even if we take SM out of the picture, the biggest setback is the premature
decision by the selected few to nominate Ousainou.  They should have
exhausted every available resource before embarking on a suicidal marriage".

It amazes me that people still don't realise that the PPP is set to come
back into our lives through the backdoor by taking over the UDP. It is clear
to all that the UDP is the main the opposition party with the most prospects
of giving Jammeh a run for his money. By this tactical move, they have
virtually relegated the rest of the opposition into nothingness.

If the NRP can fully and willingly embrace the UDP in a tactical alliance
during the Kiang East by-elections, it stands to reason that they would not
be very difficult to convince to join a unified coalition that endorses
Lawyer Darbo. If that is plausible, how come then, all of a sudden, there is
this rift between them? How come there is this dis-array within the
opposition if they all have in common the interests of the Gambian people?
Could be a case of self above the national interest? There seems to be
something seriously wrong and fishy here, if you ask me.

Have a good day, Gassa.