GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
koto Faal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 19:40:47 +0000
Karamba,
Please can you tell me what you will achieve with this Gamo thing, which in
its own right is personal to the group that organises the event, moreover
you said, that you made a point by even streeing that people of their own
volition can choose to do whatever they want in matters of faith, why the
negation on your part.This ABILITY they have to organise such events is not
something that every individual possess, you should have encourage them for
such things are "tummurankeh" in this part of the world. secondly you said
you firmly believe in individual choice and indepedent thought, if this is
the thruth why are we having this discuss or do you want to tell me that you
do not know that the group that organises that event is an entity which is
individual and independent. Its true that in your eyes the folks in the
brotherhood  were happy and seemed spiritually fulfilled but in your heart
which matters most you saw them differently thats why you contented with
what you saw as beyond believe to be a healthy relationship between what you
regard as educator and student. Karamba assumption is a dangerous thing you
always end up regretting, What went on there is not near the basis of their
relationship, it is the least that those decent individuals stand for, I am
not trying to defend anyone but everyone, cause I know money is the last
thing that crosses their minds. In gamos that is the norm I am not disputing
the fact that people tend to profit from it both the organisers and
lecturer, but its their volition to give their monies or whatever, which is
a divine gift. I bet my life that if you have child from your wife and
"guewels" starts orating your family background, you will give them every
penny you have in your pocket,which is more or less the samething.If they
believe that the prophet is the source of life and creation is his "taranga"
then I dont blame them for what they did, and I hope you will do the decent
thing by apologising to them and ascribing your name to such events, and if
you believe that their is no principle of islam in dispute here, think again
karamba,it is the duty of every muslim to spread the word of the Quran and
the Hadidth of the prophet (pbuh)and where best to that other than ocassions
like this and place like AMERICA and through the western world.If you cannot
fulfill that duty, paying for someone to do that for you would be courageous
in my book.
wasalam koto