GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ceesay, Soffie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 07:19:51 -0500
Some useful info - please pass along.

Soffie

________________________________

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Lynn Falcon
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:50 PM

Here are a couple great scholarship opportunities through the local Emmy
organization. I had a board member tell me today that they've never had
an
applicant from outside of Baltimore. I'd love to see that change.

National Trustee Scholarship Opportunity
$40,000 JOHN CANNON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP

Applications are being accepted by The Foundation of The National
Academy of
Television Arts and Sciences for the John Cannon Memorial Scholarship.
One
$40,000 college scholarship will be awarded to a high school student
planning to pursue a career in television, telecommunications, or a
similar
communications-related field at a four year college or university.

The John Cannon Memorial Scholarship competition is open to all
graduating
high school seniors.

The Scholarship will be distributed over a four-year period with $10,000
awarded prior to the first year of study, and three additional awards of
$10,000 granted in subsequent years. The scholarship award may be used
for
tuition, books, living expenses, and other related costs.

To be eligible for the continuing awards, the recipient must demonstrate
satisfactory progress towards a degree and remain in a
communications-oriented program. While considerable emphasis is placed
on
the creative accomplishments of each applicant, college board scores are
also required. Those selected as finalists will be required to submit a
portfolio of their creative work.

Applications must be postmarked December 11, 2006 to be eligible for the
competition.

http://www.natasdc.org/ <http://www.natasdc.org/> _._,_.___

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=1646574/grpspId=1705081176/m
sgId=14433/stime=1163125551/nc1=3848593/nc2=4064464/nc3=3848516>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい