GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:07:47 -0500
Hello, everyone.  Like many of you, I am writing to the list to express my
sadness, outrageous, and my sincerest condolences to the families of the
slain students.  I am really not quite sure what else to say.  I've thought
about this from the time I started seeing the messages on the list, until I
finally went to sleep last night, and this whole situation was the first
thing I thought about when I woke up this morning.  I guess the only thing I
can ask is what can those of us who are non-Gambians do?  Usually, I don't
comment on political issues affecting The Gambia, as I am not a Gambia, have
only been there twice, and thus, I don't feel that I am thus qualified to
make any assertions about Gambian politics.  However, this whole situation
is extremely unfortunate, and it deeply saddens me.  I feel like I should
help in whatever way I can, but I am at a loss as to what I should do.
Anyway, I am hoping that something can be put together to insure that
justice is done, and also, something should be done to affect a change in
the government come the next elections.
     Oh, yes, here is another thought that I had.  I was thinking this
morning that we, since we have the Internet and access to information, are
in a position to know what is going on.  However, what of, say, the rural
Gambian, how can they be made aware of what their current government is
doing, and thus be hopefully persuaded to vote the current regime out of
office?
     Just some thoughts...
Ginny

CLIKC THE FOLLOWING LINK TO BEGIN MAKING $$$$ ON THE NET JUST BY READING
EMAILS!!!  IT'S FREE!!!  NO OBLIGATION!!!
http://go.readclick.com/refid.cgi?refid=11907
Or! go Here!!! to earn $$$
http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/573659
 Visit me on the web at: http://www.geocities.com/gmq0525/