GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
edi sossoeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:28:34 +0000
My sources have hinted that Bajie was instrumental in the April 10 incident
and he got the relevant information regarding who odered the shotings.   In
an attempt to preserve national security and to stop Badjie from letting the
cat out of the bag,  sources say, Badjie may be redeployed to one of the
foreign diplomatic missions  oversease.   He may take appointment in one of
Gambia's foreign embassies abroad.  It was  first suggested  that  he should
go to Senegal, because of his French back ground, but sources say the
dictator and his followers are debating over the issue.

In a related development my sources from Banjul, have confirmed the sacking
of police IGP  Ebou Njie.   Njie is replaced by Landing Badjie, alias 13
Badjie.  Sources say many civil servant had been lined up for sacking.
Meanwhile, anxiety and worry continue to grip government officials.