GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 06:19:59 EST
Cherno,
It is codswallop for you to think that gallant and brilliant could tantamount
to being right. You could be both gallant and brilliant whilst being immature
and verbose. The reason why i didn't attack your immaturity and Ayittey was
unlike you and others, my access to the internet is limited. It is expensive
to log on the internet when you have to pay for the phone bill on your own.
We are not all fortunate like you.
The reason why i called you gallant was simply for daring to take Halifa on
when many of our intellectuals shun from it. Your rebuttal of Halifa was by
any standards a brilliant piece of writing. Do you mistake this imputation of
mine as meaning that you are right and Halifa wrong? You must be in special
need of a session on how to read.
 I said Ayittey's work was not scholarly because it was dearth of data,
evidence, empiricism that all hallmarks scholarly works. Frankly reading
Ayittey i thought i was reading a tabloid columnist having a go at a British
politician. How can you begin a scholarly castigating and deriding a
personality in the mannedr of a sleazy tabloid columnist? That you couldn't
discern between personality spats and scholarly works tells what your problem
is. Perchance its time you take up another hobby; reading and love for
details and research and not just words.
My intervention on the Nyerere issue was to tell you all differently what
have been saying despite your different methodologies. If your analysis of
that piece is that i contradict myself then better still your love for words
has not saved you from being lost in the labyrinth and friction of my
writing.That you would accuse me of being Halifa 's poodle is grossly unfair
for you don't know me. If you don't have the capacity to comprehend my
writing then tough Mawbeh.
Please continue to entertain us with that brilliant and gallant prose of
yours. I strongly admire it.
Cordially,
Hamjatta Kanteh