GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gambia Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:24:25 -0400
All:

If I may chime in here a bit, I would like to caution that there are
certain cultural practices that are outright "haram" in Islam and
therefore cannot be practiced by a Muslim. Likewise there are certain
traditional prictices that may in fact enhance ones' faith in Islam.

Therefroe, we must be mindful of those traditional practices that are in
contrast to the teachings of the Quran and the Holy Prophet Mohammad
(S.A.W). Needless to say, many of the teachings of Islam can be traced
back to the "good traditions" practiced during the time of revelations.

Islam and tradition can go hand-in-hand but where there is contradiction
between the two, the teachings of the Quran and the Hadith of the Holy
Prophet should triumph.

Allah knows best.

-BambaLaye