GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"B.M.Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 20:17:03 +0000
Hi Hamadi,

You are spot on. How many African countries can cope with a natural
disaster of such magnitude. With all the armies we have in africa
doing nothing but oppressing their people, maybe a new challenge has
been posed for them to help in search and rescue mission and to be
productive. Why do we always have to wait for help from the west.

If all African countries pull their resources together, there are
enough helicopters in the continent to carry out search are rescue
missions in the cases of such tradegy. I salute the South African
government, they have shown the rest of rest of Africa what it takes to
be a leader. Maybe in the next OAU-LOU meeting our leaders will
will have on the agenda disaster prepardness on the continent rather
than just issue communiques that mean nothing.

basil