GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:07:21 +0000
Chei Jali Gassa!  Gassa, we are still here incase you forget.  You talked
about cell phones in the Gambia, ask anyone from this end how many times
they get folks with cell phones in the Gambia.  The few times one gets
through you can't here each other and please don't tell me it's the US end.
Owners of cell phones in the Gambia will tell you that they are useless for
they do not work most of the time.

"During the past two or three weeks the Dalasi has appreciated by more than
20% against some of these...."

Gassa, the above is the same nonsense that Yaya lobbed at Gambians in his
neurotic state for a speech.  So, please come with authentic stats.

"Having said that, it is important to point out that it is misleading to
portray us as a desperate and starving lot. We are not! Unbelievable as it
may sound, we are coping reasonably well under the circumstances."

Gassa, are you speaking for yourself or for the masses?  We had this
discussion before.  We are not measuring the plight of Gambians by your
situation or your other club members', but the masses in the country.
Coping reasonably well!  Are you joking?

Regarding Agriculture, Gassa, we hear the same nonsense for Yaya for the
past nine years.  Every year is a bumper harvest for Gambians, yet the very
farmers you are touting are the most marginalized and hungry.

As for Tourism, please quit the disinformation.  And don't be shy with your
cooked up statistics and translate your idea of "A Good Star" to us in
stats.  I know you can drop us percentages faster than Alan Greenspan so
spit them out.

Gassa, one more mention of construction projects from you and I will ask
George Sarr to delist you for deception in advertisement.  How many times
have I told you that 9.5 out of every 10 fine construction that you boast
about is financed by diasporans?  Are you that out of touch or in denial?

On hospitals, if they are so equipped, why is Yaya and family not using
them?  Also, why is your type not using them?  How many times have we seen
you folks come to places like the US to steal health care?  So, please don't
get me started on the health situation in that country.

"Finally, according to the 2003 UN human Development Index, Gambia now ranks
25th out of the 25 least livable countries, ahead of many countries endowed
with resources we do not have. Of the 25 least livable countries, The Gambia
is the most livable!!!"

Gassa, Gassa, Gassa!  You really believe we need to launch on a "Saurubaa"
dancing rave on the above UN development index?  What's the matter with you?

Gassa, what I do not understand from you is that most of the state
departments you mentioned ( Agriculture, Energy, etc) are headed Yaya and
you don't hear him say a word about them.  Why, because electric supply is
almost nonexistent.  We are counter among the 25 worst on earth and you are
grinning about being the top dog among the wretched list.  Really nice!

Gassa, why did you conveniently leave out the great strides at GRTS?  You
knew you could not fabricate on that one, for Borra admitted that half the
country is not receiving signals for the past six months.

Gassa, I think you are really overstaying your welcome, already.  How about
giving us an eye witness account on the illegal incarceration of Dumo et al,
Waa, Abdoulaye Sey, and other's arrests, or the tourching of the Independent
Newspaper premesis?  You can also douse us a bonus on the firing of your
ex-boss, Bakary Njie.  I suppose the switch of Yanks and Ngorr Sikim (Sillah
Bai) is going to do us wonders.  Please tell us by how many percent their
respective departments are going to grow with their presence.

Question, is Yaya taking econ/finance lessons from Balla Gaye?  The reason
why I ask is that Yaya was ignorant about the economy all throughout his 9
year stay, and still is.  However, with the hiring of Balla Gaye, Songular
all of a sudden is embarked on redefining economics and the economy,
morphing into an Econ Prof.  My guess is he just told Balla his idea of
economics and Balla knowing his Caligula character, just told him he's
absolutely on track.  For, a word is never sufficient to a fool.  Let the
idiot hang himself.  Under Famara Jatta, he talked/dabbled in Beef and rice.
  Now under Balla, he switched to Jahatu.  Folks, lookout, for the next item
on the menu may be your favorite veggie of food source.  Look, the dude is a
wisefool and all the Kotos that hang around him know that and he'll continue
to be game.  Folks, if you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
Gassa, get lost, will you.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou

>From: <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
>Subject: Re: [>-<] Unbelievable but true!!!!
>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 22:28:52 -0500
>
>[ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by <[log in to unmask]>
>]
>

> > "Unbelievable but true" Your heading indicates that you as the author do
>not beleive what you saying. Gassa, lets not settle for less; we can do
>much, much better. As a matter of fact Gambians are worst off today than
>nine years ago.
>
>Kebb Foon
> > From: "Jungle Sunrise" <[log in to unmask]>
> > Date: 2003/10/29 Wed AM 08:20:42 EST
> > To: <[log in to unmask]>,  <[log in to unmask]>
> > Subject: [>-<] Unbelievable but true!!!!
> >
> > [ This e-mail is posted to Gambia|Post e-Gathering by "Jungle Sunrise"
> >

> > Unbelievable but true
> >
> > There has been a lot of inquiries and some speculation as to where I am
> > and what, if any, is wrong. Well, I'm right here in The Gambia
>everything
> > is fine with me. I’m just a little bit busier than usual. Nonetheless I
>do
> > peep in once in a while to keep abreast of what peoples’ opinion of what
> > is going on in our country are. This visit would be a short one,
>intended
> > only to share with folks what I consider the flipside of the coin.
> >
> > Whilst it cannot be denied that Gambians have been going through some
>very
> > trying moments the past few months, it is equally undeniable that it is
> > not all gloom and that things are not as dire as is sometimes portrayed.
> > Thanks to The Almighty Allah, we are managing to to live through what is
> > normally referred to as the hungry season in Gambia, months of June to
> > November. This, despite our last year’s failed cropping season and the
> > ever escalating prices of basic commodities that has hit a lot of
> > families, only goes show our resilience.
> >
> > Having said that, it is important to point out that it is misleading to
> > portray us as a desperate and starving lot. We are not! Unbelievable as
>it
> > may sound, we are coping reasonably well under the circumstances.
> >
> > Now to the present and what we hope for the future. Except for the
>people
> > of the URD, this year’s harvests look very promising and many experts
> > suggest a bumper harvest for the rest of the farming communities. In the
> > URD however, floods have ruined what many believed was going to be a
> > bumper harvest for our rural folks living there. Unfortunately for these
> > people, sustained heavy rains lasting a few weeks have not only
>devastated
> > their homes, flooded their towns and villages but has taken away the
> > little respite they had hoped for from this year’s cropping season.
>Rice,
> > cotton, groundnuts, you name it; all have been lost to the heavy rains
> [...]

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access.
Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service
providers in your area).  https://broadband.msn.com