GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:31:40 +0000
Jnglesunrise,thank you for focusing on our nation'S priorities.You see it
makes me laugh when i see some on this "noisy" forum advocate for people to
be deleting mails from us!

I have a friend who told me that,such advocates are just bluffs but they
instead scroll through all our mail and pretend to be deleting them.Thats
true! because my bait has been catching many on this forum.
IE:I do send in certain messages with special headings and many do read them
because of the terminology from one "deporian-Fieldforce" "aseh sah
daa one deh na by cangn't helpu it mai!"
The pretencious sophistication from some of those who call us sycophants is
not only nerve-DRAINING for just people,but  laughable!

Deleting messages is a frustrated way of engaging people in political fora
like this one.No serious democrat will resort to escaping debates by being
snobbish,rude and angry!

THE MORE SOME ADVOCATE FOR OUR MESSAGES BEING DELETED, THE MORE I WILL BE
READING THEIRS!

Being thick-SKINNED and lending one'S EARS to those that one does not agree
with IS A RARE VIRTUE IN GAMBIAN POLITICS!Especially those amongst the
self-CROWNED political science lecturers on this cyber space!
The more you delete the more we will bleat!

                    ON THE ARRESTS IN THE GAMBIA!

"Dr.Manneh and co have been picked up"...Yes or no? I believe those of us
who are self-appointed UN sanction committee members, should bear in mind
that states arrest for reasons, whether IT IS considered plausible or not by
you guys. When lawyer Swareh was arrested,so many of you made angry remarks
but one intelligent person from the states intervened via certain
channels,and sent a positive version on the guy to those who held
him.Whether that freed him or not it was not also going to leave him there
for long! Do you think yelling and spanking can free THOSE arrested?
Even whereas i disagreed with Dr. Saine in certain instances i believe you
should pay heed to his appeal, as far as engaging us peacefully is
concerned!

Do you people know why Manneh and Sillah were arrested? Most likely you do
not!Do you know where they are now? Most likely you do not!
The UNHCR,UN or any other body that gives assylum status to someone,warns
him or her to avoid travelling to the country that has warranted the person
fleeing from being persecuted(based on the stories given by such
applicants).Now if some of you are threatening HERE with very empty rhetoric
that, this gvt this or that! then what do you expect from us? To sit and
watch those who carry such stories ABROAD, come home with "glittering and
attractive" refugee passports? Campaign within that very country they
originally ran away from and then after losing the elctions travel back to
base?!
How about the system also, justifying to the embassies concerned that, these
refugees were economic ones and not the least political?!
What is much better an evidence than showing them MANNEH and co in live
videos campaigning within the Gambia?!
As Patrice Lumumba once said to the colonialists;"IF YOU DO NOT STOP MID WAY
BY PLANNING TO DESTROY US,WE WOULD NOT ALSO STOP HALF WAY IN TRYING TO
JUSTIFY OUR ACTIONS!"
Go ahead and send all sorts of destructive material against this gvt but
remember that the gvt also has long arms that it can utilise. so lets play
on!

None amongst u would have believed that the commonwealth was going to come
out with the statement it issued on friday! NONE!
Some shamelessly said here that they were in a hurry to leave the country
before any uprising! HOW ABOUT THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSIONER BEING A SON
OFTHE COUNTRY THAT BEARS THE SACRED CRADLE OF THE COMMONWEALTH GROUP?-
Did he go?

How about the Bush allies who were there in Banjul? Ask Tombong...
Going to the state dept with letters to justify your assylum files isn't new
to us!
Take my word,this time it will be very tough for any to penetrate the INS
with fabricated stories!
Why did those of you who came to Abuja and other countries only to WAIT FOR
AN UPRISING IN THE GAMBIA,run back?!

WE MUST TEACH YOU HOW TO RESPECT OTHERS and the lesson cannot be short!

"YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."