GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:24:44 +0200
On 4 Aug 2003 at 11:06, Malanding Jaiteh wrote:
2. As for the 135-member entourage. I am
> concerned by the news that the 134 member company of Mrs. Taylor did not include
> homeless Monrovia kids ophaned by Mr. Taylor's 14 year's of "liberation war" but
> people like our very own infamous sons who made it possible for Mr. Taylor
> become the moster he is. These people have killed and mamed thousands of people
> as far as Farafenni. They are criminals and must be treated just that.
>
> It is not going to help the Gambia or Dr. Jammeh to be seen haboring
> criminals in hotels. It is terrible offense to every human being
> particularly thousands of Liberians refugees in the Gambia to learn that the
> criminals and thugs who brought them that are now living in the hotel next door.
> Even the Gambian members of the group must not be allowed to go free without
> answering in a court of law their alledged involvement in the Farafenni incident
> or their role in the 14-yr conflict. More importantly these people are addicted
> to war and chaos and as they say old habits die hard.
>
> I believe they must not be trusted or allowed to live in our midst for it
> would not be long before they find the hotel a boring place. Whenever that
> happens there there are very few things to do.
>
> I seriously hope and pray that Dr. Jammeh and his team are listening.

Malanding,
I still can't believe that these mercenaries can come in and out of the country
without being arrested and taken to court for their involvement in the killing
of Gambian soldiers at Farafenni. Most of us have seen the video cassette that
was shown over the GRTS where the Farafinne attackers were confessing about
their crime and their accomplices.

I wonder what the NIA is waiting for?

Momodou Camara