GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:29:58 EDT
Me fellow Gambians,

This is why we need a startegy that will not risk failure. What is at stake
is much bigger than any single Gambian, political party or individual interest.
The effort to unseat this brutal dictatorship is the starting point for
Gambians to do what we do not seem to do well, to learn the art of cooperation
amongst ourselves where all opinions are taken into consideration for a more
effective solution, keeping in mind that all those who have suggestions, plans etc
hopefully have one thing in common, the love of our people and country and the
desire to see justice served and a government that is truely representative
of the people and not a machinery to keep a dictatorship in power. Taking
suggestions from others to add to a good one makes the idea better, because as the
saying goes, two heads are always better than one, and coopeartion is how
great ideas are born.

We as a people have to stop thinking that if we have an idea, we need to own
it and that is the main obstacle to true cooperation as far as we as a people
are concerned.
If we do not learn the art of cooperation and the fact that great ideas are
enhanced by many contributions, we will never be able to forge any meaningful
solutions and institutions to uplift us as a people.
I repeat once again that it is time for all concerned Gambians, be they
politicians, political parties  or private citizens to resolve to work together so
we can roll up our sleeves and put our heads together to organize to save our
people.
If we fail to concentrate on the final goal and instead get caught up in the
insignificant things that are  clearly not the mark of true statesmen and
women, we would have been contributors to the demise of our people.

The mere fact that people are considering the formation of a coalition is
evidence that this is an emergency situation because if things were as they
should, each party would be free to campaign and run for office with the confidence
that only the number of people you can convince to vote for you is what will
matter.
Emergency situations therefore call for emergency actions that one would not
otherwise do, but that are needed now and intended to save the very system we
are also fighting to reform. It is just that if we do not sacrifice to save
it, there will not be anything to reform.Reformation is the end goal and a join
effort si the tool to get there.

The NIA  and other collaborators of the APRC regime  in the sustenance  of
this  brutal killer regime can learn to refine their skills to torture,
intimidate, alter our constitution and kill Gambians, but those whose hands carry out
this dirty work need to remember that one of these days, they will have to
face an international tribunal and spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

If we are sincere in our intentions to bring change, good organization is the
key, so let us stop skirting the real issue and  cooperate in forging a well
planned and well organized effort  to put an end to the holocaust that is
being organized by Yaya Jammeh and his tools who carry out the actual brutality
for him because they have been cornered and think they can do anything to
Gambians and get away with it. Those who believe this are very simple minded to say
the least.

Those accepting positions in this regime also need to consider that their
names will go down in Gambian history as having been associated with a regime
whose hands are tainted with the blood of Gambians and what a legacy to live with
after this regime is gone and what a legacy to leave behind for your
descendants.

Jabou Joh