GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:05:46 -0400
That Yaya and his cohorts are finished should NOT be in doubt anymore. As we
saw on Nomination Day, the Opposition (led by UDP’s 8580 votes) gave APRC a
taste of what is coming on October 18, 2001. These numbers are NOT even
talking about the number of people that accompanied Darboe to the IEC and
the number of people that went to the Latrikunda rally following the
Nominations. These numbers also did NOT mention the crowds that were in
Gunjur over the weekend cheering the Alliance. Maybe Dr. Janneh (who I think
is from Gunjur) can shed some light on those numbers.

The people that were at Latrikunda were treated to the eloquence of stellar
politicians like OJ. Darboe, in his characteristically ‘take-no-prisoners’
way, showed the Gambian electorate how the criminals running our country
have mortgaged our country to unscrupulous businessmen. Darboe could have
just stopped at telling people that Yaya et al were corrupt. But he knew if
he did that the vermin would start whining about mudslinging. Darboe
therefore showed all Gambians PROOF about how corrupt vermin like Buba
Baldeh, Baabaa Jobe, John Bojang and Yaya are. The vermin will NOT hesitate
to sell their souls and the future of the Gambian people for a few million
dollars in private bank accounts (outside the country) and Yaya’s fetish
(TRACTORS). By the way, what’s up with the moron and tractors?

But Gambians should know that these corrupt activities that are surfacing
now is just the tip of the iceberg. One million dollars is NOTHING to Yaya
and his gang. This man was transferring three million dollars from the
Central Bank way back in 1995. As I said the other day, more revelations
will come out now against October 18, 2001. As we speak, our donors are in
the country looking at the books. They are making no progress and chances
are money already earmarked for the country will NOT be coming to the
country any more if Yaya and his cohorts remain in power. These people are
bad news.

I just saw their latest gimmick on Gambian newspapers reporting that
government granted one Gassa a duty waiver to import rice in the country and
sell the rice at a price lower than current market prices. I wonder what the
mental midgets think of Gambians. Obviously Gambians know that as soon as
the election is over prices are going to skyrocket again. These are all
gimmicks. It is just like the ten thousand dalasis Yaya gives to people that
visit him at State House. These gimmicks are just short-term solutions to
our problems. This racket between Baabaa Jobe and Gassa CANNOT go on
forever. This duty waiver will NOT last after October 18, 2001. Gambians
should see these gimmicks for what they are and throw the vermin out of
office.

We must repudiate APRC and their shenanigans. They have NOTHING to offer us
but misery. Their days are numbered.
KB