GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 18:24:06 EDT
Omar,

I have tried for a while now to appeal to Ebou Jallow to state his case and
thereby perhaps find some closure with his compatriots. However, this has
failed because I now realize that his positions are intended solely to keep an
exchange with others alive, which in a way is also truely sad.
I have been informed that infact, the $3 million USD has been returned to the
Gambia governmet by the Swiss courts after the Gambia government was able to
prevail upon them the fact that the funds were intended for a government
account and were diverted illegally. The Swiss courts made a ruling in favour of
the Gambia government in the case as we all know by now, and simply froze the
account and returned the money to the Gambia government.
I will not waste any more time providing a venue for Ebou. i think he has
lost his chance to redeem himself with at least  his compatriots on the different
Gambian listserves after this opportunity was presented to him time and time
again.

Jabou Joh