GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Seedy SaidyKhan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:28:05 EDT
G-L Community,

Like many of you, I do hereby write to extend my sincere and deepest
condolences to the families of the students massacred in The Gambia on the
10th day of April, 2000. It takes real courage to take up the streets
nowadays in light of the current political trend in the country. It is very
sorrowful that these helpless, innocent and courageous students have to die
in that shameful condition.

I hope we will come up with something constructive in memories of these
students who died for justice being dispensed in The Gambia. Thus, I will
second the  suggestions made by Amadou K. Njie and Alpha Robinson in their
respective postings.

May their souls rest in eternal peace. Amen!

S. S. Saidykhan