GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:53:48 EDT
In a message dated 07/10/2001 03:04:36 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> << In your narratives, Hamjatta, you fail to pause and reflect on the value
> of your commentary. You have allowed yourself to be spoon-fed by reports,
> prose and poetry, without the requisite analysis and proper assignment of
> the merits of fathoms of otherwise valuable information. >>

Haruna,

I fail to see which Report you keep referring me back to. I only made mention
of just one Report and this was the 2000 World Development Indicators
published by the UN, which is available at any good library or bookshop. So
there is no obscure Report here. The Report was merely cited to make the
point that in fact the Gambia is on the threshold of full-blown urbanity.

You also insidiously made references to me being spoon-fed, without so much
as indicating as to who is doing the spoon-feeding. I interpret and indeed
see this as an assault on my integrity. If you can't provide evidence as to
this being the case, then in the name of decency and mutual respect, i'm
demanding a retract of the said offending remarks.

I think it is about time you get it that this is impersonal and there is
definitely no need for us to sink to the level where we would unfairly be
seeking to assault each other's integrity - be it insidiously or otherwise.
As i keep saying, i'm an independent supporter of the Alliance and what i do
here doesn't have the backing of anyone in the scheme of Alliance politics. I
hope you get it right this time.

All the best,

Hamjatta Kanteh