GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:09:53 +0100
                                  Breaking News: S.M. Dibba expelled from APRC!
       BY Jibson Dukureh

  Freedom News Paper,

Refers to the above captioned subject published by your paper today which was reported by E. G. Sankara, either I am confused with the report or there is inconsistency.

(1) Is it that S.M. Dibba has been expelled in the National Assembly as speaker or from APRC? My understanding is that he is not a member of APRC but merged with the latter for coalition.

(2) Is it that President Jammeh appointed Majanko Samusa as the speaker of the National Assembly replacing S.M. Dibba or as MP for Central Badibu? My understanding is that the President cannot appoint any body as MP to any constituency but can nominate into the National Assembly.

Please, kindly re-check the posting for possible correction.
I would like to thank your paper for doing the excellent job. Keep us posted as they are very valuable in the democratisation process for the Gambia.

Jibson Dukureh

Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2006 (Archive on Thursday, April 27, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save
          Current Rating:  4.00                        Rating:   3    Good! do not tell lies to impress ur readers, always tell the truth n be reapected!            Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]