GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 12:08:14 -0700
In light of the recent conviction and sentencing of Journalist Fatou Jaw
Manneh, GPU-USA strongly condemns the Jammeh regime for perpetuating the
conviction of Ms. Manneh.

Fatou is currently the Deputy Secretary general of GPU USA Branch. GPU also
call on all Gambians to rally around Fatou and fight for our collective
freedom. For more details, please see check on the link below for details on
the press release;

http://www.gainako.com/

Our individual rights to opine on the state of affairs of our nation is
under severe assault. We are all targets by virtue of our open contribution
to the debate. Today is Fatou, and tomorrow it could be anyone of us.

Help support the fight from a collective front...

Donations can be sent to Banka Manneh :

For information please contact Pasamba Jow 301-547-9573, Banka Manneh
678-457-8777, George Sarr 678-314-6831, Musa Jeng 404-824-0219 or Demba
Baldeh 425-319-0884.

Again, any volunteers to coordinate this in Europe are highly welcome.

Disclaimer: These folks agreed to release their numbers to the public.

Thanks
Demba