GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Cisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:29:34 +0000
Jaajef Bro. Habib,

Thanks for the food for thought. To be quite honests I do not have the
background details of this brother requesting information other than what
is contained in the e-mail and indeed have not read his book.

My objective in forwarding this was that with AIDS becoming a very real
threat to economic development (not to mention the human cost), any
intiitative which is aimed at protecting/educating people about the threat
should be welcomed. I heard a programme on the radio recently where it
was said that in Southern Africa (maybe Zimbabwe?) companies
sometimes hired five times as many people as they needed because of
the effect of the AIDS virus. As Muslims I beleive we should be very
concerned at this, as we should about all human suffering.

I would be interested to hear further from you about what concerns you
have about this brother, as I said, I have no preconcieved ideas or
knowledge of him and am not in a position to either defend or criticise
him, but am open to further information, comment, discussion or guidance
on this.

Yendul ak jaama

Tony

>>> "Habib Ghanim, Sr" <[log in to unmask]> 25/January/2000 05:12am

Brother Tony Cisse

Your contributions are always valuable . Thanks but this person may not
be what he is .
Did you verify this source? With all due respect this sounds very
suspicious.
This guy seems to be a fake and is distorting a lot of "so called facts " on
the statistics of Aids in
South Africa.
I am very cautious when dealing with such unknown persons whose
real agenda may be to destroy our image
in the pretense of getting information to help some innocent victims.
I doubt if this is genuine - my gut feeling -  therefore would not help this
person shoot us in the
feet.

Habib Diab Ghanim