GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 07:45:00 EST
In a message dated 11/2/99 6:29:44 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

 Crabs in a barrel syndrome?

 We can seriously read and discuss the appeal to the Banjul people - I will
 extend the appeal to include all sons and daughters of Gambia.  We can't
 afford to remain on the periphery looking in, not being even bit players in
 this global game.  The rest of the world has plans on conquering the
 economic world and Africa does not even seem to have a plan to catch-up.
 The challenge has been given by the folks in Sweden, what do the takers do
 or are there any?

 Soffie

****************
Soffie,

My sentiments exactly. l think the folks in Sweden are definitely on the
right track, and l commend them. Also very happy to see the name of my sister
Mariam Bah among the names. However, like you, l think we should do it on a
country-wide scale because all of us, no matter which part of Gambia we hail
from can testify to the demise of our communities before our eyes. Yes, it is
amazing that others are setting out to conquer the World, and we cannot even
recognize that we have a huge problem in our country regarding the most basic
of things, much less do something about it.Let those who don't want to fall
in the "crabs in a barrel category" rise up and put our money where our mouth
is. l am ready, so how about it folks?.

Jabou Joh