GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Sukuna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:15:13 -0400
Hi all,

After reading CPJ's (Committee to Protect Journalists) reaction statement
regarding the brutal attack against the Independent I wrote to Ann Cooper
the director and was given an informative response by their Communications
coordinator Wacuka Mungai to contact WAN (World Association of
Newspapers).  I just got a response from them and I am forwarding it for
you all to read.  Ams, mentioned taking some time to write letters and
perhaps this information will help direct where to write to.  Wacuka also,
recommended, www.ned.com (National Endowment for Democracy) and this may
have potential as well.

Perhaps the most crucial bit of info, is the letter written to Jammeh and
you will see that at the very end of this posting.

God Bless,

Chris Sukuna

 Mu-------- Original Message --------