GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 20:25:36 GMT
Gambia-L:

One of my sources in the Gambia has sent the e-mail below.

Ebrima

Hello Ebrima,

You people on the L, as I have been saying, should continue to keep the
pressure on the Butcher of Kanilai, because I am beginning to see light at
the end of tunnel.

You see, Ebrima, Yahya Jammeh has tried everything to stay in power beyond
the next elections, but has come to realise that that is not possible. So
don't be surprised if he even runs for the door, well before the next
elections.

He has just bought a mansion in Morroco, where he could run to, if things go
so bad for him. Meanwhile, his Cabinet members are actively looking for jobs
OUTSIDE:

* Isatou Njie-Saidy wants a job with the UN in New York. In fact, she saw
Koffi Annan and begged him for job there.

* SoS Nfamara Jatta is actively courting the Islamic Development bank in
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

* Therese Ndong-Jatta is looking for a UNESCO job in Paris or Kenya.

Yankuba Touray, without education, may head for Mali, where his roots are.

* As for Dr Sedat Jobe, he has already secured American visas for his entire
family.

* Susan Waffa-Ogoo: No where to go; perhaps to her brother in the
US.

EBRIMA, YAHYA'S GOVERNMENT IS IN DISARRAY AND ON THE VERGE OF TOTAL
DISINTEGRATION. THEY CANNOT MAKE IT TO THE NEXT ELECTIONS INTACT.