GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:56:56 EDT
Hi Sister Fatou,
Long time! How are you and your family?  I am very glad to hear you well.
Well Fatou, I am never interested in any kind of public office in the
Gambia.  Do I sincerely wish to restore legitimacy in the Gambia? I will
answer a definite yes.  Contrary to what some people may want to
make-believe, I am not here to promote or endorse any human being or
political group including myself.  Certainly, I am very aware of the
herculean impediment that the controversy over my former AFPRC membership
will generate amongst Gambians who especially have never known me as a
person.  Obviously prudence would have dictate my abstinence from any public
political discourse.  Yet I believe that judgement is too defeatist, to
shallow and cowardly for me to adopt.  It could have been very easy for me
if I had some skeleton in the closet to take such a road.
From the Holy Prophet Muhammad , Jesus Christ to Martin Luther King Jr, all
have been criticized, castigated, insulted, chastised even their lifes
threatened, but still they changed the world because they have a deep faith
in God and have a firm conviction in what they believe.  Trust me the Saul
Khans on this Bantaba do not bother me the least.  One day very soon I will
make history in the Gambia, with action and not mere empty words on the net.
  I definitely wish that Saul Khan meet me person to person to discuss our
differences.  We all have the same wishes, I am sure we will also agree on
alot of other issues and probably be of better help to each other rather
than cutlassing each other for god knows what! No Fatou appreciate your
sense of humour an I do not wan to be another NINJA.

Greetings my Sister
Ebou Jallow