GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Adama Bah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:23:55 -0700
Kebba,
I am not sure if you are really helping the situation. There is already too much confusion around. People are
waiting to hear facts and not rumours.
It is not possible for all opposition parties to meet in secret without the knowledge of the press. We do not
expect our opposition leaders to meet in corners to come to an agreement just for somebody far away to
announce it for all to know. You should understand that political parties have international following.
Before someone announces an important matter like this they would have had to clarify issues to their
membership.
People should disregard this information and wait for the parties to make declarations.
Adama Bah