GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SULAYMAN BAJO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 21:45:51 -0700
Joe, thank you so much for responding. For some reason
I was not aware of MGA. Nonetheless, GOO is honored to
be invited to this year's program. However, due to the
short notice we will not be able to participate in
this year's tournament. This is because our next
general meeting is on Sunday September 2, 2001 and the
invitation may not get each member on time to get
ready for the tournament. But watch-out for us next
year!!!!!!!!!.

Dr. Saine will be there for us this year. I will call
you.

Sulayman

--- Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<HR>
<P>Sulayman, thanks for your message.&nbsp; This is
the first time I'm hearing that Ohio has a Gambian
Association.&nbsp; This is the third year for this
conference and in the past we have asked for Gambian
organizations in the midwest to come forth and be part
of the larger community.&nbsp; If you recalled, the
first time we hosted the conference, it was attended
by only folks from Chicago and Minnesota.&nbsp;The
second year we were joined by Detroit and
Madison.&nbsp; This year, kansas will join the
consortium and it is not too late for Ohio to
participate and we would be honored by your
organization's presence.&nbsp; I am terribly sorry
that we did not know of your Organization's existence
and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused
GOO.&nbsp; On behalf of the participating
organizations, I would like to formally invite your
organization as part of the Midwest
organization.&nbsp; I would also like to take this
opportunity to appeal to other Gambian Organizations
in the Midwest to&nbsp;make themselves known to
us.&nbsp;&nbsp;Please call me at home (773) 768-8264
or work (630) 990-5097 for us to&nbsp;further discuss
this issue.&nbsp; You could also provide me your tel.
# and I'll call you.&nbsp; Hope to hear from you soon.
</P>
<P>Chi Jaama</P></DIV>
<P>Joe Sambou<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: SULAYMAN BAJO
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: The Gambia and related-issues
mailing list <[log in to unmask]>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: [log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: MIDWEST GAMBIAN
ASSOCIATION - 3RD ANNUAL CONFERENCE
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:54:54 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Joe, what would it take for the Gambian
Organization
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;of OHIO to be part of MGA? We have not
been mentioned
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and I think we are in Mid-West. Infact
Dr. Saine is an
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;active member of "GOO".
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Thanks
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sulayman
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;--- Joe Sambou
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<HR>

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Times New Roman"></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Folks, the Midwest Gambian Association (MGA) will
</P>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;host their 3rd annual conference on
Saturday and
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sunday, September 1st and
2nd.&nbsp;&nbsp;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">The
MGA is a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;consortium of Gambian Associations in
the Midwest,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;namely:
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P></FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>The Gambian Association of Chicago, Illinois;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>The Gambian Association of Minneapolis,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Minnesota;
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>The Senegambian Association of Madison,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Wisconsin;
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>The Gambian Association of Detroit, Michigan;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>The Gambian Association of Kansas Ci</FONT><FONT <
DIV>&gt;face="Times New Roman"&gt;ty,
Kansas.</P></FONT><FONT < DIV>&gt;face="Times New
Roman"&gt;</FONT><FONT face="Times New
</DIV></DIV>>Roman">
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>The highlight of the weekend&nbsp;is the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;<U>Conference</U>. The theme for this
year’s
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;conference is "<B><I>Gambia: Economy
and Political
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Climate in the 21st Century"
</B></I>and it will be in
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the form of a panel discussion on the
economics and
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;politics of The Gambia. The Panelists
will include,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The Resident Economist of The Gambia at
the World
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Bank, Jan Van Houtte, Dr. Abdoulie
Saine, Political
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Science Professor, and Dr.Michael
Gomez, Professor of
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Business Management and Organizational
Behavior, and a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;former officer of The Gambian
Association of Chicago.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Below is a tentative schedule of te weekend
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;events:
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Saturday September 1st 2001</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>10:00 am – 2:30 pm Conference</P></FONT><FONT <
DIV>&gt;face="Times New Roman"&gt;</FONT><FONT
face="Times New
</DIV></DIV>>Roman">
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>9:00 pm – 3:00 am Dance Gala</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Sunday September 2nd 2001</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>11:00&nbsp;am – 8:00 pm Family Picnic and Soccer
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tournament
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Teams: Chicago, Minnesota, Detroit, Madison,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Kansas, Senegalese, and Ivorians.
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>All are invited.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Chi Jaama</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Joe Sambou</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P>&nbsp;</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P></FONT>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><BR < DIV>&gt;clear=all&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<HR>

<DIV></DIV>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;at <A <
DIV>&gt;href='http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_itl_EN.asp'&gt;http://explorer.msn.com</A><BR>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To unsubscribe/subscribe or view
archives of postings,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;go to the Gambia-L
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Web interface at:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You may also send subscription requests
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;[log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;if you have problems accessing the web
interface and
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;remember to write your full name and
e-mail address.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;__________________________________________________
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do You Yahoo!?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Make international calls for as low as
$.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To unsubscribe/subscribe or view
archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Web interface at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You may also send subscription requests
to [log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;if you have problems accessing the web
interface and remember to write your full name and
e-mail address.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>