GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pasamba Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 06:44:20 GMT
Mr Mboge,
The exchanges on the'L'regarding the proposed debate should be a reason to
call it off,for it goes to prove that little or nothing will be gained from
it.It is clear that your motive is to provide a forum where MR SALLAH and MR
KANTEH will share a podium to agree to disagree as Gambians.What is
however,important to note is that the issues raised by Mr Kanteh have been
addressed over and over by Halifa ,if Mr kanteh is not convinced ,then i
don't think holding a debate will help.
What is troubling is the name calling ,where P.D.O.I.S supporters are
classified as programmed fanatics and Halifa as saint.This doesn't and will
not help anybody.
I am a P.D.O.I.S  supporter who is very disappointed at being refered to as
a fanatic.P.D.O.I.S teaches the people to own their minds ,that is why the
party doesn't induce people to vote for it,infact this the very reason why
in 1992 P.D.O.I.S refused to put' vote for P.D.O.I.S' on their
banners.P.D.O.I.S doesn't practice nor does it preach 'TALOUBEISM'.The party
leadership are humble servants of the people ,who put the interest of the
people before their very own.
P.D.O.I.S is always willing to listen to and engage the critics inorder to
clarify issues.Mr Sallah could have just done what the opposition parties
do, which is never to engage anybody or to avail yourself of criticisms from
such forum as the 'L'.
I think it is important to treat each other with respect ,and engage in
constructive discussion to help pave a way for a Gambia of the people,that
will provide her citizens LIBERTY,DIGNITY and PROSPERITY.
PEACE!
PASAMBA JOW COACH