GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:26:51 -0400
Hamjatta, if I were you, I will ignore Jobe's tirades and his name calling
once you unmasked his gullibility and lies. Giving AFPRC/APRC credit for
'good governance' is a mockery to democracy. Is this not the government that
breaks our Constitution willy-nilly on a daily basis? We are still being
ruled by Decrees such as Decree 89 and the latest Indemnity Decree passed by
parliament in order to thwart the wheels of justice. Who is Jobe kidding
when he peddles these theoretical garbage and submit that AFPRC/APRC has
high marks on governance? He is miffed because you caught him trying to
doctor the history of our country.

He also tries to make a big meal about the theoretical safeguards his
government puts in place in order to stop the vice of cross-carpeting. Who
is Jobe kidding again? Was he not in Gambia to see the strong armed tactics
employed by Buba Baldeh and his cohorts over the NRP MP from Kiang? Did
Baldeh not try to get that gentleman to cross over to the APRC? Why did Jobe
not complain about that to Baldeh or the APRC stalwarts? Is his party not
the party that go around telling voters that Opposition MPs cannot 'develop'
their constituencies? Therefore voters should vote for candidates belonging
to the government of the day. If this is not encouraging cross-carpeting,
what is?

Let Jobe give us a break. All these theoretical safeguards do not mean a
thing to the Dictatorship back home. The Secretaries of State are supposed
to be neutral under the Constitution. Civil servants are supposed to be
neutral too. Who make out the bulk of the entourage at APRC rallies? Same
Secretaries of State that were NOT chosen from parliament so that they can
be neutral. Some of them are even more loyal to Yaya and sings his praises
more than some of the MPs. What is Baba Jobe's job? Is he not supposed to be
a neutral civil servant?

Jobe should be talking about reality and what is ACTUALLY going on, rather
than giving us some bogus theoretical safeguards that mean nothing to
Dictator Yaya and his cohorts. Hamjatta, find solace in the fact that you
are not the first and will not be the last person Jobe throws such language
at. The man has lost his mind. He unashamedly support child murderers and
yet brand as insane  and hateful, people that want the lawlessness and
mayhem to cease. As I said before, to the Jobes of this world, the world has
turned upside down.
KB