GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
mamie njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:34:02 -0700
OUCH!

Modou Ceesay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Is this stuff written by the Baba Galleh who ran away from The Gambia
and left Alh. Yorro to run the Independent by himself? Are you still
in America, Baba, and leaving your brothers behind to fight the fight
without you?

I'm sorry, but I don't get this piece, and you should be absolutely
ashamed of more than this poor writing. You were respected as a
journalist once.

Modou

--- Baba Galleh Jallow wrote:

---------------------------------

Criminal Trespass

By Baba Galleh Jallow

"Who the hell is that?" Dr. Badmouth NoBrains angrily demanded.

"Open the damn door and you will know!" came the angry retort.

The banging grew louder. It seemed as if several people were now hitting the door with clubs
and iron rods. The very floor of his room shook as Dr. NoBrains vigorously trembled and
frantically looked around for a place to hide. For whoever was at his door was extremely angry
and out to get him.

Before he could dash under the bed, the door flew off its hinges and an angry group of men
burst into his room. Dr. NoBrains shouted at the top of his voice, but no sound came. He tried
to run but felt as if he had no feet. Standing there grinning angrily at him were all his
major business rivals and they were shouting, "get him, kill him!" With raised clubs, the
angry men rushed upon Dr. NoBrains and this time, he found his voice. Yelling at the top of
his voice, Dr. NoBrains found himself sitting up in bed, shaking violently. It was the third
successive night that he had had that bad dream.

Having calmed down a bit, Dr. NoBrains jumped off his bed and reached for his iron coat. He
had worn that coat only once since he ordered it from China. He was going to wear it again
today, as well as his iron pants and his iron boots. He was going to make sure that those evil
devils that dared to intrude into his dreams would be sent ten feet deep. No, he had no time
for any brushing of teeth or showers. He had to get to the business square. He would take his
iron public speaker system and would stand in the middle of our little town and tell all those
idiots just what he thought they were: Nothing but a bunch of jealous fools, hypocrites and
parasites, absolute good-for-nothings who would never challenge him in the world of business
as far as our little town is concerned. He would let them see that as managing director of the
famous Yaahagi Enterprises, he was the number one guy inour little town and must remain the
number one guy in our little town. He would show all those jealous midgets that even after his
death, he would still be the number one guy in the lucrative business world of our little
town. Let the sky fall!

Thus smartly dressed in his iron pants, his iron coat and his iron boots, Dr. Badmouth
NoBrains hobbled down his iron stairs making such a loud clanking noise that the chickens on
his poultry farm all flew off, loudly quaking and flapping their wings in utmost fright. But
Dr. NoBrains did not give a hoot about stupid chickens. He was going to put those stupid folks
in their place that day, and he did not give a hoot if all the chickens in the world flapped
their stupid wings and quaked their stupid lungs out.

You see, over the years, Dr. Badmouth NoBrains of Yaahagi Enterprises was the undisputed
leader of our business world. All the top brand names were registered to Yaahagi Enterprises.
The biggest foreign investors invariably sought out the great Dr. NoBrains. Whoever went
shopping and did not come home with a Yaahagi brand name was considered a fool and a cheap
shot. So that the great guy reigned with supreme comfort and did not worry at all about
rivals. Yaahagi Enterprises was too big for all those petty businessmen who tried to compete
with him. Dr. NoBrains himself towered like a giant over the heads of his Lilliputan
competitors. So that when they made any unpleasant noises, Dr. NoBrains simply fired a small
bombshell that would stink so bad that they would run hiding or catch the flu. In the end,
they just made small noises that did not worry the great guy at all. And so he too, fired only
very small bombshells that just drove the flies away.

But then suddenly all that changed. Some stupid business expert put the stupid idea into his
opponents that they should come together and form one big business group. That way, the stupid
expert told the puny little things, they can get bigger than Dr. NoBrains and drive him out of
business. At first, Dr. NoBrains dismissed reports of the formation of such a new business
group as mere lies and rumors circulated by his many jealous enemies. "No one can form a big
group to challenge me", he boasted and his cronies loudly cooed and clapped for him and called
him dad. "And if they do", Dr. NoBrains bragged, "I will make sure that they know who I really
am." At which assurance the cronies raised such a cloud of dust that we all caught the common
cold and coughed and spluttered for many weeks to come. But Dr. NoBrains was wrong. For once,
our all-knowing big wig was wrong. The smallcompetitors did succeed in launching a massive
business group that threatened to swallow our giant Dr. NoBrains. It was then that the
terrible nightmares began for our gentle Doctor. Every night, as soon as he closed his eyes,
the loud banging would start, the door would fall and the angry group would rush toward him
with their massive clubs and iron rods. And Dr. NoBrains would wake up screaming.

As he clanged down his iron stairs, Dr. Badmouth NoBrains suddenly had an idea! In fact, he
was going to sue them all for criminal trespass, invasion of privacy and unwelcome existence
with intent to cause serious bodily harm.

view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interfaceat:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.htmlTo Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-lTo contact the List Management, please send
an e-mail
to:[log in to unmask]いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい