GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Last-Card <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:48:05 -0700
Well...it is as if some'n was urging me to browse through the net at this hour! Immediately after coming on line I saw this shocking and very very sad news!

Shiriff Conteh?! This man means so much to many Gambians home and abroad as far as banking and helping manage family matters back home is concerned.I cannot stop my eyelids from being soaked with tears.Oh Shiriff! This guy was an angel and a good person.He loved humanbeings.Shiriff has been there for anyone and everyone.He helped people manage their funds with keen interest and an open mind.I remember when he was picked up by the NIA during the Baba Jobe case,he never became angry about it.At anytime one called Shiriff he was laughing.Oh God! I can still remember his voice echoeing on the phone with these words..."Ndokey kana hawjah Allah bijey" meaning-"My little brother never rush,Allah is there"

Sure Shiriff was a good man.He lost his mother just few months ago! He loved her so much and did all he could to make her happy on earth.Her demise shocked him so much so that he went on leave after she died.Words are oozing from my memory like a spring in a mountain.Allah! you are the best and the strongest. Please Yaa Rabbi receive Shiriff and his colleague Mr Njie in ALJANNAH! Please I beg you Allah do that for us as Gambians who have lost two great men.This is indeed a tragic end.

However,as it is clearly stated in the holy Qur'an:"KULLUH NAFS ZAA IQUA TUL MAWTI" Sure "Every soul shall taste death".We have hope because this happened in a very holy month.This ;part of Ramadan is full of mercy as well.It is also believed that  the sacred night of LAYLA TUL QUADR is "hidden with special powers" during the last 10 days.May Allah receive these souls with the total significance of this sacred night.May HE receive them with the meaning of the verse:"Min Kulli Amnr Salaamun hiya hataa mathalla'il fajr".We bow before you Allah please shower your kindness on these souls.I have lost a brother and a friend.Gambians have lost good sons.

Allah knows better than we do anyway and we remember when HE says the following from HIS HIGH THRONE:"Innaa Lillaah wa inna ileyhi raaji'oon"-meaning "You are from Allah and you will return to Him".

PRAISES BE TO THE LORD.