GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:35:14 -0500
BANJUL-DAKAR COLD WAR-NARROW NATIONALISM OR FOOT BALL?

During the last qualifying rounds on the Africa cup of nations Senegalese
and Gambians nearly fell victims of the devil. Jammeh and his cronies were
about to spark a subregional ethnic conflict through foot ball.They were
disguising such evil intensions through sports.This reminds me when Adolf
Hitler refused the shake the hands of a black athlete in Berlin! What has
track and field or the bahama grass at the Bakau stadium got to do with
Jammeh's anger against Wade? The Gambia/Senegal football matches were
played under a lot of tension and hard feelings.Any evil that affected the
minds of those supporters and players mushroomed from Kanilai and from the
dirty mouths of the mad commentators who were being projected because they
sang praises instead of promoting sports.
Prior to the arrival of the Senegalese team and the return match between
the two teams in Dakar,Gambian youths were being used and narrow
nationalism was spreading like wild fire underneath.Rumours were rife
that,Jammeh predicted a win for The Gambian players.Jammeh's so-called
predictions are nauseating for the real men and women of God.Lost illusions
and madness is what some of my professors calls a tunnel that leads to wild
dreams and then help promote witch craft.Jammeh si a low life and a mad man
who prevails where there is no sanity.His inferiority complex made him
believe that Senegal could not win their match against the French team
during the last world cup,without having used jujus exetra.
He did not hesitate to go in the open saying that our neighbours(Senegal)
would know this time that they were not playing toubabs! they will discover
that in Gambia we have better marabouts and stronger jalangs! God save The
Gambia! Please God do that!
As usual stupid and lousy characters like Tijan Ceesay(Eku Boppa),by the
way for the first time I caught sight of this fellow last week.I wanted to
come out of my car and slap him when someone pointed at him and said that
he is Eku Boppa.This fellow and other low lives went round town spreading
that foolish belief,that Jammeh has some magical powers and would not allow
Senegal win! Jammeh has magical powers.I remember when Chongan used to hold
Jammeh's balls in Depot.This is very sad for me to hear.
It was widely rumoured in town that James Kujabi was the one who kept the
so-called secret and the powerful Jujus that were going to retain the cup
in Banjul.Stupid fools!
It was also rumoured that if James shook hands with nay of the players from
Dakar that person was supposed or going to be what the mandinkas call YOMFA.
The Senegalese knew that something was up in the minds of the fools we
have.They sent  a word to their players.No doubt players like Elhaj Joof
are international ones who depend on their doctors and other advicers.He
Joof did not take those threats ligh;y,because who knows what was put in
the water bottles in Banjul.Joof and co were not afraid of talisman,they
were afraid that some other chemical might have been put in those bottles
to harm them.Imagine hearing mad men in town spreading such sick messages
that were coming from a head of state! Culturally,historically we and
Senegal are the same people from the same background.Some of the players
believed in the magical threats therefore did not want to shake hands.The
word that went around was that anyone of them who scored was going to die
or become impotent.This sounds funny but it is not all people who take
such  threats lightly.They were warned not to drink water that  was
reserved specially for them.! The Jammeh clique quickly wnet round town
after the match saying that the Senegalese players refused drinking Gambian
water.That was not true.Why did some of them recieve their Gambian
relatives and then drank or ate what those relatives brought for them? The
NIA as usual also was bragging that they would take pictures of the players
who dared take bath and then spread the nakjed pictures on the internet to
embarass them internationally.This version was also sent to Dakar,that is
why they rejected taking bath in Banjul.Not because they did not like
Gambians.Even after the match some of these players came to Banjul and
visited their Gambian friends in private.
One of these players opened up his email and website and part of the
criticism he refuted was what happened in Banjuul.He clearly said that they
were scared to drink the water because they feared not the jujus but the
germs,because they were told that some of the juju was injected in those
bottles.The GFA may not know all that was happening behind the scenes so
they should not be dragged into a fight that they never created.
Gabbi Sosseh is a veteran footballer and a good man he should stay away
from politicising sports.
Every Gambian knows how immature Jammeh could be some times so it is true
that when his predictions failed and he was disgraced by Joof and others in
Dakar,he ordered some innocent Gambian youths to stone at the Senegalese
trucks at Barra.He also ordered secretly that the Senegalese nationals in
The Gambia be beaten up.After all that his jalibas came telling us that
Jammeh did not say because he is a president! A so-called president for an
unfortunate Republic is what I will call this mad man.
Jammeh's cold war towards Dakar has been archived and a lot will be
revealed from now onwards.Let him sue me for libel because my name is
correct and my adress is also correct.Binneh Minteh is from Fatoto,as a
reminder for the NIA.

Binneh S Minteh
NYU.EDU,NEWYORK UNIVERSITY
USA