GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:23:30 -0800
Karim,
I don't mean to step on your toes, but what good comes out of de-listing yourselves from Gambia-L due to your perception of apathy in certain corners regarding the political landscape in Kambia (snark).

You have the onus to attract people towards your ideas and ideals, not by threatening to de-list, but by formulating innovative concepts that they can support. We all spout about and bemoan the system prevailing back home. Frankly it has become a cliche to talk about how authoritarian Yahya is. Most of us agree on that, we lament on it...has been lamenting on it and will continue to until we come up with practical solutions to alleviate it.

Silence from certain corners isn't that they don't care. Cajole them with your ideas and I bet they will come out for the Gambia. De-list yourself? Well the forum will soldier on and your voice will be silenced for exactly what.

ABDOUKARIM SANNEH <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Ousman I agree with your point but the continuum of the debate enriches our pathway for democratisation. It can be a question for either the person want to be a leader or lead anf for that the bogus constitution put in place does not give a way for us. The rationality is that chellenging dicatatorial system does not need silence or fear . Ousman I am not said that you are consume by such an abstract but the state of fear in our country is spread within the diaspora. It is affecting the healthy debate and the advocacy have to continue with or without the question of leadership.

Ousman Ceesay  wrote:  Suntou,
Are you guys looking for a leader or do you want to lead? You don't need all the guys you listed participating in a debate in order for it to be relevant. Come up with plans and see how many of them will come out to support you. Narrating the authoritarian nature of our current system is what we do every day here and on other forums. The participants vary due to circumstances. It doesn't mean they lack interest.

The "pioneers" created a space for dialog, information sharing and camaraderie. How we utilize the utility is left to us.

Suntou Touray wrote: karim, you are right ,the debate between gambians on the net is not very
active.I disaggree with Dr jaiteh ,most of us here check our mails daily and we
can exchange a few ideas within seconds no problem.the issue is not about
time ,but mainly about lack of seeing progress in the efforts of the online
community.

the pioneers of the gambia online forums are like dead horses now.where is
sidibeh,m camara,jow,sambou, and the many folks whom we use to read from
the post to the l here ? the division among our elders is a cause to worry
about. it seems the different camps among our elders create a silent
atmosphire .may be we await installments from the likes WHO to start being
active.the only active elder with us now are Haruna,Baba,Jabou and to a
lesser degree Dr Jaiteh .
Karim ,you are a formidable character ,keep it up.

We have to articulate ideas ,we can't all be intellectuals and diplomats.bring
on the little you know without slandering ,,the young one's will learn .We the
young one's use to take some of our opinions from here and else where but
now ,hmm.what happen to our political science students ? our socail science
students ? our journalism students ? or those who have graduated from some
this lifely field of studies ? an active mind leads to knowledge creation ,have
we been sauced by yahya ? has his holy liguids worked on us ?

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

http://gambian.blogspot.com